Through my electronic billing service, I provide a monthly 'SuperBill', which you can submit to your insurance in efforts to acquire direct reimbursement. This is applicable for panels that I am not listed as a provider on. Your insurance may reimburse out of network providers.
Please consult your insurance carrier to determine if I am listed as a provider or if they will allow out of network reimbursement.
***If your insurance denies your claim for any reason, you are responsible for the balance.***
How does insurance work? First check with your insurance carrier. Check your coverage carefully and find the answers to the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much do you pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is there a limitation on how much you will pay per session?
- Is primary care physician approval required?
- May I see an out of network provider?
You are responsible to determine if I am a covered provider and what your policy covers. Unfortunately, even for insurance panels that I am a provider for, there are plans that I may not be covered on.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or
employee benefit plan for in network or out of network providers. You are
responsible for co-pays/co-insurance and balances not paid by insurance.
Reimbursement is not guaranteed. The following points are important to note when considering whether or not you want to use insurance, whether your therapist is a provider in your network or if you have an 'out of network' provider (meaning they are not on your insurance carrier's contract, but reimbursement may be possible:
You must have a Mental Health Disorder diagnosed for insurance to pay.
- Having a diagnosis does not guarantee coverage.
- If your insurance company does not reimburse, then you are responsible for the full session fee for any sessions not covered.
- Diagnoses remain in your insurance file and could potentially be accessed by other unsurance companies, your employer, etc.
- Once your confidential records are submitted to insurance your therapist can no longer protect the information.
Payment: Debit and all major credit cards accepted forms payment.
Insurance Billing Forms:
Through electronic billing an Insurance Billing Form is provided via email monthly summarizing the number of sessions and payments remitted. You may elect to submit this form to your insurance company for reimbursement. As a reminder the insurance company will require a Mental Health Disorder Diagnosis for reimbursement.
24 hours cancellation notice is required or you are responsible to pay the full session fee at $150.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.